Wednesday 9 June 2010

Kitchen Technology - the Vitamix

Wow

Debra and I debated whether or not to buy a super blender.

Gerald Henry stayed with us in January and I was especially keen, but we finally plucked up the courage to go to Wholefoods in Kensington to buy one last weekend.

Weighing in at 400 pounds (that's the price tag!). It's a beast amongst kitchen appliances.

It's the only thing that I have ever come across that:
1) juices
2) makes hot soups in 3 mins
3) makes ice cream
4) blends super quick
5) crushes ice in nano seconds.

It's out of this world. It really is.

I am so thrilled with it. It is very easy to clean after using and it is super strong.

The blades do not need sharpening because they are not sharp to begin with. And you can push the juice ingredients down into the bowl. You never change the blades. The casing for the jug is clear polycarbonate - so it is super strong.

Here's something to look out for:
when you get a frappacino, or a juice when you are at a shop, have a look at the blender they use. It is very square (usually a white base) and easy to attach the jug - it just slots on. And there are two switches and one dial on the front of the Vitamix.

I am a huge fan of juicing since 2002. It's my breakfast through to lunchtime. Whenever I went through the US, I would always always always have to stop at Jamba juice for the thrill of their juices. When I saw the demonstration at Wholefoods, I realised that Jamba Juice use the Vitamix in store. That's why the juices are soooo good.

We're having home-made hummus in 30 seconds thanks to the vitamix and it is green smoothies all round for breakfast...

yummm..... want some?

Location:Devonshire Passage,Hounslow,United Kingdom

No comments:

Post a Comment